Jewish Identity Today

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

New Voices

I really enjoyed looking at the New Voices magazine. I really like the idea of having a Jewish publication produced by college students for college students. A lot of the articles really connected with me because they somehow relate to my college experience. One odd example of this was the book review of The Bus Driver Who Wanted to Be G-d and Other Short Stories. We read this book in my Hebrew class semester! The Campus Briefs section is also very interesting to read. I like to be able to know what is going on in other Jewish communties around the country just as I like to know what is going on in my Jewish community.

The website for New Voices really speaks to college students. There is a humor section (and the jokes are actually amusing). There is a job section with ads seeking interns and submissions for the magazine by college students. There is even a section calling for Jewish Students to start blogging on their website. Ironic? Just a little bit.

Overall, I think that this publication serves as a great resource for Jewish students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home